Paraview with MPICH2

Biddiscombe, John A.
I compiled Paraview against MPICH2 on a windows box recently. It was
basically fine and all seems to be working ok. But to make it compile I
had to change about  a dozen files in vtk/parallel (and examples I
think) to reorder the includes and put
#include <mpi.h>
first instead of last as it was in most instances. (some messages about
SEEK_XXX being defined in multiple headers requiring Mpi included first)

I think it was only vtk sources that I changed (rather than paraview
specific stuff).

Shall I commit the changes to cvs?

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/BJohn.php

Re: Paraview with MPICH2

Berk Geveci
Please don't. Changing when mpi.h is included can cause all kind of
problems because they tend to #define things they shouldn't. There is
an another solution. It involves adding a definition that tells mpich
not to use it's own SEEK_XXX. I will commit that today.

-Berk