Please help me to solve a problem about show 3d dicom image

Please help me to solve a problem about show 3d dicom image

zhukai
HI all,

        I want to implement A visual effect by two sets of dicom data. The effect can like thisRendered-Cortex.jpg (16 K),or thisfigure.jpg (10 K).my intention is put a little region dicom data set on a biger one, at the same time Dyed  the small data set  a different color. In fact i dont care about the show of small data set.I need the big data set show with Dyed on region which intersection between  two data sets.
I attempt to implement it by many function but all of effect are bad.Who can help me to solve this problem?
Thanks,
zk

Rendered-Cortex.jpg (20K) Download Attachment
figure.jpg (13K) Download Attachment

Re: Please help me to solve a problem about show 3d dicom image

Ricardo A Corredor
Hi Kai Zhu,

I think that you should go step by step. You should know that a DICOM image is like a 3D matrix with values at each position. What you show on the screenshots are 3D meshes which are the result of a process over that 3D matrix. So normally, you should extract first the 3D mesh to map some values over it. The mapping however can be easily made using Paraview for example. I have one little article in my blog (it's in spanish but you can try to run a translator and if you need it urgently maybe I can put it in English) that makes more or less what you want: http://rcorredorj.tumblr.com/post/58154400397/asignar-mapear-valores-provenientes-de-una-imagen-3d. In that case, it maps over a surface (extracted via a Iso-countour filter) the original intensity values within an image that is in format MHD but originally was a DICOM image (DICOM to MHD conversion is not hard).

Good luck with that!

Ricardo
RaC