-* Plugin compilation for paraview *- (help)

-* Plugin compilation for paraview *- (help)

wil1
When i compile my plugin for paraview with visual studio i get this error :

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open this file
'C:\Users\william\Desktop\Paraview
build\ParaviewBin2\lib\Debug\vtkPVAnimation-pv5.5.lib'

I checked on the folder 'C:\Users\william\Desktop\Paraview
build\ParaviewBin2\lib\Debug\ and there is a
vtkPVAnimationCS-pv5.5.lib but not a vtkPVAnimation-pv5.5.lib, does someone
knows why ?

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Re: -* Plugin compilation for paraview *- (help)

Mathieu Westphal
Hello

Looks like your mail was not sent to the right ML.
Please send it to paraview-developpers ML and include all relevant information if possible :
 - Version of visual studio
 - Version of ParaView
 - Version of cmake
 - a minimal example to reproduce the problem
 - if you tried with other generators (eg Ninja)

Best regards,

Mathieu Westphal

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 5:06 PM, wil1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
When i compile my plugin for paraview with visual studio i get this error :

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open this file
'C:\Users\william\Desktop\Paraview
build\ParaviewBin2\lib\Debug\vtkPVAnimation-pv5.5.lib'

I checked on the folder 'C:\Users\william\Desktop\Paraview
build\ParaviewBin2\lib\Debug\ and there is a
vtkPVAnimationCS-pv5.5.lib but not a vtkPVAnimation-pv5.5.lib, does someone
knows why ?

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Re: -* Plugin compilation for paraview *- (help)

wil1
- Version of visual studio : 15 (2017) w64
 - Version of ParaView : 5.5.0
 - Version of cmake : 3.11.2
 - a minimal example to reproduce the problem :
I tied to compile the following reader
https://github.com/CharlesGueunet/pv-off-reader
but get the error in visual studio

 - if you tried with other generators (eg Ninja):
How do you compile the reader after generating the cmakefiles with ninja ?

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Re: -* Plugin compilation for paraview *- (help)

Mathieu Westphal
Hi

Cmake can generate Ninja file so you can build with Ninja.

Please ask your question on the ParaView mailing list or on ParaView Discourse.

Best regards,

Mathieu Westphal

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 1:17 PM, wil1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
- Version of visual studio : 15 (2017) w64
 - Version of ParaView : 5.5.0
 - Version of cmake : 3.11.2
 - a minimal example to reproduce the problem :
I tied to compile the following reader
https://github.com/CharlesGueunet/pv-off-reader
but get the error in visual studio

 - if you tried with other generators (eg Ninja):
How do you compile the reader after generating the cmakefiles with ninja ?

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Re: -* Plugin compilation for paraview *- (help)

wil1
Can you explain me the full procedure of building a plugin with ninja ?

I downloaded the git repository : git clone
git://github.com/ninja-build/ninja.git
Cmake doesn't recognise ninja

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Re: -* Plugin compilation for paraview *- (help)

wil1
Hi, shout out to Mathieu Westphal for the help
the solution to generate the .Dll of a plugin was :

- Install Ninja https://ninja-build.org/
 - add ninja.exe path to environment Path
 - Cleanup your plugin build directory
 - Open a VS2015 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt
 - in the terminal :
       cd /path/to/your/build/dir
       cmake-gui
 - in cmake-gui, configure you project but instead of "Visual Studio 14
2015", select "Ninja"
 - configure, find the ParaViewDir, generate
 - close cmake-gui
- in the terminal :
        ninja

But know I have an other error, when putting ninja in the terminal i got :
"vtkexodusII-pv5.5.lib required for the plugin and missing "

Why do the plugin needs vtkexodus ??

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Re: -* Plugin compilation for paraview *- (help)

wil1
wich mailing list mr. westphal ? I only see vtk devs and vtk users.

Full Error :

"
ninja: error: 'pathToParaviewBuild/lib/vtkexodusII-pv5.5.lib', needed by
'thePlugin.dll', missing and no known rule to make it
"

only vtkioexodus-pv5.5.lib is generated in paraview lib

--
Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html