Point representation with line data pb

Stephane PLOIX

Hi,

I am trying to draw some broken line and I would like to show the points where the line is broken. The pb is that the vtkProperty::SetRepresentationToPoints doesn't seem to change anything when the data is made of lines.

Here is a typical code showing the pb (I use the vtkEarthSource here. The output is made of lines when the Outline flag is set):

Thanks for your advice,
Stephane

test1.py (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Point representation with line data pb

Goodwin Lawlor
Stephane PLOIX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to draw some broken line and I would like to show the points
> where the line is broken. The pb is that the
> vtkProperty::SetRepresentationToPoints doesn't seem to change anything
> when the data is made of lines.
>
> Here is a typical code showing the pb (I use the vtkEarthSource here.
> The output is made of lines when the Outline flag is set):

Hi Stephane,

vtkProperty::SetRepresentationToPoints is only for 2d cells such as
triangles, triangle strips, and quads.

There is a trick to visualize a line's points as vertices: pass the line
vtkPolyData through a vtkMaskPoints filter with GenerateVerticesOn() and
SetOnRatio(1).

hth

Goodwin