Problem in Text rendering in VTK (Aliased)

dev

Problem in Text rendering in VTK (Aliased)

dev
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

I'm using a version of VTK 5.10. I'm rendering some numbers on the window
but they don't display well (the screen shot attached I wrote one in red
but it doesn't render completely). I suspect that the antialiasing doesn't
work well (maybe I'm wrong here).
So I tried to disable the antialiasing and compare the result:

prenderer->GetRenderWindow()->SetMultiSamples(0);   // 0 means turn OFF
hardware antialiasing

But the result still the same. Have u any idea about this issue?

here are two screen shots. As we see here, the number '11' and '12'  are not fully rendered.

Cheers

Many thanks,

dev

Re: Problem in Text rendering in VTK (Aliased)

dev
Please any help will be appreciated,

Many thanks,

Andam

Re: Problem in Text rendering in VTK 5.10

David Lonie-2
These problems were fixed in the rewrite of VTK's text rendering backend that occurred around the release of version 6.0. A newer version of VTK should fix this, but let us know if you still see this in version 6 or later.

Hope this helps,
Dave

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 5:38 AM, dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
here is an other screen shot. As we see here, the number '11' is not fully
rendered.

dev

Re: Problem in Text rendering in VTK 5.10

dev
Thank you for your replay. At least I know now it's a bug in that version. I'll try the future version and I'll let u know if I had the same problem.

Thanks again,
Andam

Re: Problem in Text rendering in VTK 5.10

gvvardhan
what is the problem in vtk 5.10 that is causing this error ? how it was fixed in later versions of vtk ?

Re: Problem in Text rendering in VTK 5.10

David Lonie-2
I'm not sure which commit exactly would have fixed that specific
problem, but it's likely one of these:

https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/commits/master/Rendering/FreeType/vtkFreeTypeTools.cxx