Problem initializing GLEW with vtk8.1

Jothy
Dear All

I just build vtk8.1 and tried to render a sphere using QVTKOpelnGLWidget -hope this is the recommended over QVTKWidget in vtk8.1.

I am getting this error. I am using QtCreator.

vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow (00000255BB134430): GLEW could not be initialized.

I have the following in the header file of the class which renders this:

#define vtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT 3(vtkInteractionStyle,vtkRenderingFreeType,vtkRenderingOpenGL2)
#define vtkRenderingVolume_AUTOINIT 1(vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL2)

Any ideas how to fix this?

I am coming back to VTK after suing vtk 6.x.

Regards,
Jothy

Re: Problem initializing GLEW with vtk8.1

Jothy

Windows 10 with Nvidia card.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Problem initializing GLEW with vtk8.1

Mathieu Westphal
Hello,

You may want to try with QVTKOpenGLSimpleWidget as well.
Please see this examples, available in VTK/GUISupport/Qt/Testing/Cxx

Best,

Mathieu Westphal

TestQVTKOpenGLSimpleWidget.cxx (3K) Download Attachment
TestQVTKOpenGLWidget.cxx (3K) Download Attachment