Problem with Crystal Eyes stereo and QVTKWidget

Problem with Crystal Eyes stereo and QVTKWidget

Olivier Ameline
Hello,

I have a polydata that I want to render in stereo inside a QVTK Widget.

For this I use the C++ code

renderWindow->StereoCapableWindowOn();
renderWindow->SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes();
renderWindow->SetStereoRender(1);
renderWindow->StereoUpdate();

which does not work. There is no error message, but the polydata is not
displayed in stereo.

When I use

renderWindow->SetStereoTypeToAnaglyph();

instead of

renderWindow->SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes();

the anaglyph type works.

I'm in Linux Fedora with VTK 6.3 and a Nvidia Quadro card.
I can run successfully stereo examples (like glxgears -stereo).

Furthermore, the Crystal Eyes stereo works on my polydata when I use a
vtkRenderWindowInteractor, but I would prefer to use the QVTK Widget.

Do you know what's wrong with QVTK Widget and Crystal Eyes stereo in VTK 6.3
?

Thanks

Olivier.

Re: Problem with Crystal Eyes stereo and QVTKWidget

Mathieu Westphal
Hello,

They are a few bugs in QVTKWidget, which is now deprecated. A new Implementation as landed in VTK master recently.
You may want to try the new QVTKOpenGLWidget in VTK master (ba5ccaba94c7681b7c95b7a38fac50f87ceb29a6).

Best regards,

Mathieu Westphal