Problem with color and shading when rendering vtkimagedata

Problem with color and shading when rendering vtkimagedata

shadzzz90
Hey amigos,

VTK noob here!

I facing a few problems while rendering vtkimagedata. The code snippet as follows,

 int X =4, Y=4, Z=4;
       imageData->SetDimensions(X,Y,Z);
       imageData->SetSpacing(1,1,1);
       imageData->AllocateScalars(VTK_INT,1);

 for (int k = 0; k < Z ; k++)
       {
           for (int j = 0; j < Y ; j++)
           {
               for (int i = 0; i < X ; i++)
               {
                   int* voxel = static_cast<int*>(imageData->GetScalarPointer(i, j, k));
                      voxel[0] = 10;

 for (int i=2;i!=-1;i--)
       {
       int* voxel = static_cast<int*>(imageData->GetScalarPointer(2,i,i));
        voxel[0]=0;
        }

    mapper->SetBlendModeToComposite();
     mapper->SetRequestedRenderModeToRayCast();
      mapper->SetInputData(imageData);
     compositeOpacity->AddPoint(10,1);
      color->AddRGBPoint(10,1,0,0);
     compositeOpacity->AddPoint(0,0);
       color->AddRGBPoint(0,0,0, 0);
       volumeProperty->SetAmbient(0.3);
        volumeProperty->SetDiffuse(0.4);
        volumeProperty->SetSpecular(0.8);
       volumeProperty->SetInterpolationType(0);
        volumeProperty->ShadeOn();
        volumeProperty->SetColor(color);
         volumeProperty->SetScalarOpacity(compositeOpacity);
          renderer->SetBackground(0.5, 0.5, 0.5);
        volume->SetMapper(mapper);
        volume->SetProperty(volumeProperty);
        renderer->AddViewProp(volume);
I am getting the below results,

image for forum.jpg image for forum2.jpg
image for forum3.jpg

It can be seen that everytime I rotate my image I don't get a proper shading and color for the object. I have tried changing the lightining properties and shading properties but no sucess.
I would be really thankful if anyone could help me.

Just for your information I am mechanical engineering with a bit of programming knowledge, so if my question is irrattional please forgive me.

Best,
Shadab