Problems about 3D construction with tetrahedral mesh from DICOM series
I want to read the DICOM series, and then create tetrahedral mesh for volume modeling.
I do like this:
1) Read the 3D image data from a series of DICOM files
2) Use CurvatureFlowImageFilter to smooth the image
3) Run an image segmentation method
4) Use the vtkContour filter to generate the surface mesh
5) Save the surface mesh data to a .vtk file
6) Using TetGen, to generate the tetrahedral mesh from the surface mesh, and save into .vtk file
But I have problems at step 6, when I try to use TetGen to generate the tetrahedral mesh from the surface mesh, it failed.
Then I use ParaView to visualize my surface mesh, I find maybe there are some problems with the surface mesh.
Because in the surface mesh, there are many holes, and a surface circle around the object, I do not know what is this.
The surface mesh is shown as the following picture.
Can somebody know how to fix this ?
Or give me an example to do this ?
I need help from you.
The following is my codes for step 2 to step 6 to generate the surface mesh