Problems with compiling vtk on Mac with Qt support

Problems with compiling vtk on Mac with Qt support

Anja Ende
Hi all,

I installed the Open Source Qt version and tried to build the latest version of VTK with support for Qt.

However, towards the end of the build it fails with the following error:

/Users/anja/development/vtk-5/GUISupport/Qt/Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.h:56: Error: Undefined interface
make[2]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/moc_Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/CMakeFiles/QVTKWidgetPlugin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It seems to barf at the QT macro declaration Q_INTERFACES(QDesignerCustomWidgetCollectionInterface)

I am using Mac OSX 10.5.1 and using Qt open source version 4.3.3.

Is there something that has changed? I remember not having problems with an earlier Qt and VTK 5.0?

--
Cheers,

Anja

Re: Problems with compiling vtk on Mac with Qt support

Clinton Stimpson

> Hi all,
> I installed the Open Source Qt version and tried to build the latest
> version of VTK with support for Qt.
>
> However, towards the end of the build it fails with the following error:
>
> /Users/anja/development/vtk-5/GUISupport/Qt/Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.h:56: Error:
> Undefined interface
> make[2]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/moc_Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.cxx] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/CMakeFiles/QVTKWidgetPlugin.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> It seems to barf at the QT macro declaration
> Q_INTERFACES(QDesignerCustomWidgetCollectionInterface)
>
> I am using Mac OSX 10.5.1 and using Qt open source version 4.3.3.
>
> Is there something that has changed? I remember not having problems with an
> earlier Qt and VTK 5.0?

Can you check that your QT_QTDESIGNER_INCLUDE_DIR variable is set correctly in
CMake?  "Undefined interface" can come from not having that set correctly.

Did you configure your build of Qt with -no-framework?

Clint

Re: Problems with compiling vtk on Mac with Qt support

Anja Ende
Hey,

That was it. Do not know why but when I installed the packaged Qt for Mac from the Trolltech site, some of these components were not installed. Anyway, I downloaded the source and built it and then it all worked fine.

Thank you for your help!

Anja

> Hi all,
> I installed the Open Source Qt version and tried to build the latest
> version of VTK with support for Qt.
>
> However, towards the end of the build it fails with the following error:
>
> /Users/anja/development/vtk-5/GUISupport/Qt/Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.h:56: Error:
> Undefined interface
> make[2]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/moc_Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.cxx] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/CMakeFiles/QVTKWidgetPlugin.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> It seems to barf at the QT macro declaration
> Q_INTERFACES(QDesignerCustomWidgetCollectionInterface)
>
> I am using Mac OSX 10.5.1 and using Qt open source version 4.3.3.
>
> Is there something that has changed? I remember not having problems with an
> earlier Qt and VTK 5.0?

Can you check that your QT_QTDESIGNER_INCLUDE_DIR variable is set correctly in
CMake?  "Undefined interface" can come from not having that set correctly.

Did you configure your build of Qt with -no-framework?

Clint

--
Cheers,

Anja

Re: Problems with compiling vtk on Mac with Qt support

Clinton Stimpson

That was a bug in FindQt4.cmake which was fixed in CVS a while back.

CMake 2.4.8 has the fix too, if you wanted to go back to the packaged Qt from
the Trolltech site.

Or you can put a workaround in your own CMakeLists.txt file after your call to
FindQt4.cmake.
IF(Q_WS_MAC AND QT4_FOUND AND NOT QT_QTDESIGNER_INCLUDE_DIR)
  FIND_PATH(QT_QTDESIGNER_INCLUDE_DIR QDesignerComponents
            PATHS ${QT_LIBRARY_DIR}/QtDesigner.framework/Headers
            NO_DEFAULT_PATH)
ENDIF(Q_WS_MAC AND QT4_FOUND AND NOT QT_QTDESIGNER_INCLUDE_DIR)

Clint