Project 3D Data onto a plane in vtk 8 or later

Project 3D Data onto a plane in vtk 8 or later

mark.ostroot
Hello,

I am trying to project some 3D data onto a plane without using a render window. In the older VTK versions there was an off-screen renderer, but in all of the example code I have seen there seems to be a stipulation that you need to use vtk 5.0 or earlier for that feature. Im looking for the same functionality as the offscreen renderer essentially. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you,
-Mark

Re: Project 3D Data onto a plane in vtk 8 or later

mark.ostroot
Thank you,

I had come across the vtk example for off screen rendering:

The given example has the following code
if VTK_MAJOR_VERSION >= 6
int main(int, char *argv[])
{
  std::cout << argv[0] << " requires VTK 5.10 or earlier. This VTK version is " << vtkVersion::GetVTKVersion() << std::endl;
  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
#else

Which is why I thought vtk 5.10 or earlier was required. Perhaps the example for it should be cleaned up a little to avoid confusion?

Thanks for the help,
-Mark