Python Configure Error

Ken Martin

I am getting a configure error on buildbots today as shown below.  I noticed the MR https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/3586 shows these same warnings on its buildbots. Is this expected or maybe a bad merge?

Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
-- Performing Test VTK_UNDEFINED_SYMBOLS_ALLOWED - Success
CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:236 (message):
  VTK_INSTALL_PYTHON_MODULE_DIR is no longer supported.  Set
  `VTK_PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_SUFFIX` instead, although not needed in most
  cases.

CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:241 (message):
  VTK_BUILD_PYTHON_MODULE_DIR is no longer supported.  Set

--
Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer

Re: Python Configure Error

Utkarsh Ayachit
Until all VTK MR's start using latest master, we'll end up getting
these warnings from old MRs that add these variables to the cache if
not set. It's safe to ignore.

Utkarsh