Python wheel building breakage in master

Python wheel building breakage in master

Prabhu Ramachandran-3

Hi everyone,

I was trying to build wheels with VTKPythonPackage with VTK master but the recent changes with the vtkmodules package seems to have broken things.

It is not clear what exact changes we need for this but it looks like this commit may have broken this:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/commit/867d93c2ab6bb4aaff80503e8037f649fe23cc4f

It may be a simple thing to fix with the possible options available but I haven't been able to get it working correctly.  This would be nice to fix before the next VTK release.

Thanks!

cheers,

Prabhu

Re: Python wheel building breakage in master

Prabhu Ramachandran-3
Hi everyone,

I think I have a possible fix for this issue,  I've sent a MR here: https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/4913

Its a simple fix and allows the VTKPythonPackage to set the install dir for the Python modules and this makes it easy to build wheels for VTK 8.2.0.

It would be great if this could be merged so we can make the required changes to the VTKPythonPackage thereafter.

Incidentally, after building the wheels I found an issue that I will report separately.

cheers,
Prabhu

On 10/8/18 1:17 AM, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was trying to build wheels with VTKPythonPackage with VTK master but the recent changes with the vtkmodules package seems to have broken things.

It is not clear what exact changes we need for this but it looks like this commit may have broken this:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/commit/867d93c2ab6bb4aaff80503e8037f649fe23cc4f

It may be a simple thing to fix with the possible options available but I haven't been able to get it working correctly.  This would be nice to fix before the next VTK release.

Thanks!

cheers,

Prabhu

Re: Python wheel building breakage in master

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin-2
Hi Prabhu,

Thanks a lot for helping fix VTK and the VTKPythonPackage package.

Jc