QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

12

QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

liu jianfei
Dear all

   I try to build QT and VTK 64bit versions in my windows 7 computer. MFC in my computer is visual studio 10. I have successfully built a 32bit version. However, I often get the memory issues or the variable m_referrencecoout interlocked in ITK. Dose anyone know how to build a 64bit version of qt and vtk based on my computer settings? Thank you

  Jianfei

--
Sincerely
Jianfei Liu

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

Gib Bogle
For building 64bit Qt, I suggest you take a look at:
http://www.holoborodko.com/pavel/2011/02/01/how-to-compile-qt-4-7-with-visual-studio-2010/
I followed the instructions and build Qt on Windows 7 64bit, with MSVS2010.

Building VTK 64bit with cmake-gui was straightforward, as I recall.

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

massinissa bandou-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

John Drescher-2
On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Massinissa Bandou
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Gib Bogle!
>
> I'm sorry for bothering you, have you successfully built Qt64bits on win7??
>
> I have the same problem as Jianfei. everything is fine on 32bits version but
> when I build Qt for the 64bits
> by following step by step on
> http://www.holoborodko.com/pavel/2011/02/01/how-to-compile-qt-4-7-with-visual-studio-2010/.
>
> at the step 10, when I call the jom.exe *..\jom\jom.exe -j 4*, I got an
> error: File Makefile doesn't exist.
>
> How did you fix it??

After you ran configure.bat you run jom.exe in the same folder.
configure should have generated a Makefile. If it did not generate a
MakeFile there should have been some type of error message.

John

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

Gib Bogle
Hi Massinissa,

The Makefile should have been created.  If I recall correctly the MSVS command prompt needs to be x64 - in my case I had to set this up in MSVS2010, because the default command prompt was x86.  Did you use an x64 command prompt?

Gib
I'm sorry for bothering you, have you successfully built Qt64bits on win7??

I have the same problem as Jianfei. everything is fine on 32bits version but
when I build Qt for the 64bits
by following step by step on
http://www.holoborodko.com/pavel/2011/02/01/how-to-compile-qt-4-7-with-visual-studio-2010/.

at the step 10, when I call the jom.exe *..\jom\jom.exe -j 4*, I got an
error: File Makefile doesn't exist.

How did you fix it??

thx for your help!!

Massi

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

massinissa bandou-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

Gib Bogle
I assumed that you didn't have Makefile, and was just guessing at a cause.

I believe that if you build Qt from the x86 command prompt, you will get 32bit libraries.  You need to build in the x64 command prompt to get 64bit libraries - otherwise there is nothing to tell the compiler to do a 64bit build.  This is my understanding, and I hope somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Similarly when you build ITK and VTK (or any other 64bit targets) with cmake, you have to specify Visual Studio 10 Win64 as the generator.

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

Gib Bogle
By the way it's quite feasible to have both 32bit and 64bit Qt, ITK and VTK installations on your system.  Just install in different suitably-named directories, and make sure the relevant environmental variables (e.g. PATH) are set correctly.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

Gib Bogle
I'm not the best person to answer this question, since I'm not aware of all the possibilities and permutations.  When I want to see if an executable is 32 or 64bit I use Dependency Walker:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

massinissa bandou-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

John Drescher-2
On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Massinissa Bandou
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got this error when I build vtk on vs2010 x64, I guess because I used vs
> command prompt 32 bits:
>
> *QtGuid4.lib(QtGuid4.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86'
> conflicts with target machine type 'x64'
> 5>------ Build started: Project: vtkRendering, Configuration: Debug x64
> ------
> 5>QtGuid4.lib(QtGuid4.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86'
> conflicts with target machine type 'x64'
> 6>------ Build started: Project: vtkHybrid, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
> 7>------ Build started: Project: vtkVolumeRendering, Configuration: Debug
> x64 ------
> 8>------ Build started: Project: finance, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
> 9>------ Build started: Project: Win32Cone, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
> 10>------ Build started: Project: SurfaceLICDemo, Configuration: Debug x64
> ------
> 11>------ Build started: Project: SGrid, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
> 12>------ Build started: Project: RGrid, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
> 7>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> '..\bin\Debug\vtkRendering.lib'*

That means you have 32 bit Qt.

John

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

massinissa bandou-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

John Drescher-2
On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Massinissa Bandou
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi John, Gib
>
> I made it step by step using VS2010 x64 command Prompt instead of x86 and I
> got this error:
> could you give me some hand on this? thank you in advance!
>
> <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5724717/command64x.png>

I would delete the Qt folder and start over with the steps to build
Qt. The problem is the previous build should be cleaned out totally
since you are switching from 32 bit to x64.

John

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

massinissa bandou-2
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: QT+VTK+ITK 64bit version

Gib Bogle
Could it be a PATH issue?  When I want to build a 64bit application from CMakeLists.txt I execute (at the command line) a batch file with these lines:

rem It is necessary to ensure that Qt Creator finds the 64-bit Qt dlls.  Put them at the front of the PATH list.
set PATH=C:\Qt64\4.8.1\bin;C:\Qt64\4.8.1\lib;C:\VTK-VS10-x64;%PATH%
set VTK_DIR=C:\VTK-VS10-x64