QVTK widget rendering performance improvements

QVTK widget rendering performance improvements

Tharun
Hi all,

    Are there any special techniques by which we can improve the rendering performance of QVTK widget like multi threading?

I do not if rendering in a separate thread is possible and if possible, would it improve the performance?

Thank you

Re: QVTK widget rendering performance improvements

Sean McBride
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:21:47 -0700, Tharun said:

>    Are there any special techniques by which we can improve the rendering
>performance of QVTK widget like multi threading?
>
>I do not if rendering in a separate thread is possible and if possible,
>would it improve the performance?

Tharun,

There are many reasons your code could be slow.  You need to measure by using performance tools.  See for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profiling_(computer_programming)

Once you identify the bottlenecks, people here may have specific suggestions.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: QVTK widget rendering performance improvements

Tharun
Thank you Sean for the suggestion.

I will check as you have suggested.