Re: Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

Re: Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

David E DeMarle
We appreciate the reminder.

We did consider that issue in rc2 but are unsure yet if a fix will be in time for 8.0.0. If not, we'll make a .1 patch release as soon as the fix is in master.

Thanks

On Friday, June 9, 2017, Elvis Stansvik <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Sankhesh,

Nice to see rc2 out, it has a fix for a problem I reported (thanks!). I'll update our software probably later today.

See below though.

Den 8 juni 2017 10:33 em skrev "Sankhesh Jhaveri" <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;sankhesh.jhaveri@kitware.com&#39;);" target="_blank">sankhesh.jhaveri@...>:

> The VTK maintenance team is happy to announce that the second release candidate has been tagged for VTK 8.0.
>
> You can find the source, data and documentation tarballs here:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/download/#candidate
>
> Changes new to this release candidate include
>
> Deprecated vtkFiltersMatlab and vtkFiltersStatisticsGnuR modules
> Removes deprecated classes like vtkStreamer, vtkStreamPoints and vtkStreamLine
>
> Take a look at the VTK wiki for a complete list of API changes in v8.0.0 over the previous version.
>
> Please try this version of VTK and report any issues to the VTK mailing list or the bug tracker so that we can try to address them before the VTK 8.0.0 final. Kindly set the 8.0 milestone on the issues and merge requests to ensure that they are tracked during the remainder of the 8.0 release process.

Just wanted to remind about

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17058

which I think should be a blocker for 8.0.0. I couldn't find a way to set the milestone when I reported, but I guess I just don't have the necessary bits.

Just wanted to promote this issue a little, as I was afraid it was falling through the cracks.

Thanks,
Elvis

Further, please base / rebase all 8.0 target branches off of the v8.0.0.rc2 tag (or earlier) to ensure minimal merge conflicts with the release branch.

> As always, contact Kitware and the mailing lists for assistance.
>
> Thanks,
> VTK Maintenance Team
>
> ​
> --
> Sankhesh Jhaveri
> Sr. Research & Development Engineer | Kitware | (518) 881-4417
> ​

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer