Re: Compilation Problem | WinXP, MSys, MinGW | undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::WritePointer(int, int)'

Re: Compilation Problem | WinXP, MSys, MinGW | undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::WritePointer(int, int)'

KarlBlau
Hi Vincent,

thanks for your advice! Sounded good, but in my case it seems to be something else.
I now changed BUILD_SHARED_LIBS to OFF. It seems to be compiled without errors.

The problem seems to have something to do with the Shared-Lib-Option.

MB

Vincent Nicolas <[hidden email]> schrieb am 09.02.06 11:54:16:

> [...]
>
> It worked for me, hope it'll work for you.
>
> Vincent NICOLAS
> Communications and Remote Sensing Lab.
> Universite catholique de Louvain
> [hidden email]
> +32 (0)10 478555
> http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be
>
> On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:34:06 +0100
> Martin Baumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the following environment:
> >
> > WinXP computer, MSys, MinGW. I configured VTK-Sources for Unix Makefiles. Therefore I started CMakeSetup from MSys, this makes sure that the environment variables for MinGW are set correct. It all seemed quite correct to me...
> >
> > But after 5 min of compiling I get the following error and compiling process quits:
> >
> > Linking CXX shared library ../bin/libvtkFiltering.dll
> > CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkCellLocator.obj(.text$_ZN11vtkIntArray11InsertValueEii[vtkIntArray::InsertValue(int, int)]+0x1b):vtkCellLocator.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertValue(int, int)'
> > CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkCellLocator.obj(.text$_ZN14vtkIdTypeArray12WritePointerEii[vtkIdTypeArray::WritePointer(int, int)]+0x1b):vtkCellLocator.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::WritePointer(int, int)'
> > CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkCellTypes.obj(.text$_ZN20vtkUnsignedCharArray11InsertValueEih[vtkUnsignedCharArray::InsertValue(int, unsigned char)]+0x22):vtkCellTypes.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<unsigned char>::InsertValue(int, unsigned char)'
> > CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkDataSet.obj(.text$_ZN20vtkUnsignedCharArray15InsertNextValueEh[vtkUnsignedCharArray::InsertNextValue(unsigned char)]+0x1b):vtkDataSet.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<unsigned char>::InsertNextValue(unsigned char)'
> > CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkImplicitSum.obj(.text$_ZN14vtkDoubleArray15InsertNextValueEd[vtkDoubleArray::InsertNextValue(double)]+0x14):vtkImplicitSum.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<double>::InsertNextValue(double)'
> > CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkOrderedTriangulator.obj(.text$_ZN14vtkIdTypeArray11InsertValueEii[vtkIdTypeArray::InsertValue(int, int)]+0x1b):vtkOrderedTriangulator.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertValue(int, int)'
> > CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkOrderedTriangulator.obj(.text$_ZN14vtkIdTypeArray15InsertNextValueEi[vtkIdTypeArray::InsertNextValue(int)]+0x14):vtkOrderedTriangulator.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertNextValue(int)'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[2]: *** [bin/libvtkFiltering.dll] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [Filtering/CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/all] Error 2
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >

> > Any idea what could cause this?
> >
> > Thanks, MB

Re: Compilation Problem | WinXP, MSys, MinGW | undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::WritePointer(int, int)'

Vincent Nicolas-2
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:07:31 +0100
Martin Baumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> thanks for your advice! Sounded good, but in my case it seems to be something else.
> I now changed BUILD_SHARED_LIBS to OFF. It seems to be compiled without errors.
>
> The problem seems to have something to do with the Shared-Lib-Option.
>
> MB

Hi Martin,

It's normal to not having errors when compiling in static libraries. Dll export/import stuffs are only for dynamic linking.
So if you want to compile in shared libraries for windows, the solution I provide should works.

Regards,