Re: ​Missing Includes with new module system

Re: ​Missing Includes with new module system

Andrew Maclean-3

It would be nice to have a VTK variable that lists the VTK C++ specific modules that VTK was built with.
This would make Bill's generic CMake lists script on the web page really simple and less daunting for new users running the examples.
It also gives new users a quick way to get their code up and running.

Regards
   Andrew

Re: ​Missing Includes with new module system

VTK - Dev mailing list
On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 07:26:06 +1100, Andrew Maclean wrote:
> It would be nice to have a VTK variable that lists the VTK C++ specific
> modules that VTK was built with.
> This would make Bill's generic CMake lists script on the web page really
> simple and less daunting for new users running the examples.
> It also gives new users a quick way to get their code up and running.

VTK_AVAILABLE_COMPONENTS is set given this MR:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/5057

--Ben

Re: ​Missing Includes with new module system

Andrew Maclean-3
Awesome, thanks!
That is a good name for it.
I'll let Bill check it out.
I have been busy cleaning up and updating all the Python examples to make sure they all work and have nice images where appropriate.
So I haven updated VTK yet.

Regards
   Andrew

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 7:35 AM Ben Boeckel <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 07:26:06 +1100, Andrew Maclean wrote:
> It would be nice to have a VTK variable that lists the VTK C++ specific
> modules that VTK was built with.
> This would make Bill's generic CMake lists script on the web page really
> simple and less daunting for new users running the examples.
> It also gives new users a quick way to get their code up and running.

VTK_AVAILABLE_COMPONENTS is set given this MR:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/5057

--Ben

Andrew J. P. Maclean

Re: ​Missing Includes with new module system

When I use
  Find_package(VTK COMPONENTS ${VTK_AVAILABLE_COMPONENTS})

cmake errrors;

CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:

  Imported target "VTK::theora" includes non-existent path

    "/Users/lorensen/ProjectsGIT/VTKNewModules-clang/ThirdParty/theora/vtktheora/include"

  in its INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES.  Possible reasons include:

  * The path was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.

  * An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.

  * The installation package was faulty and references files it does not

  provide.