Re: VTK Discourse forum is now available

Re: VTK Discourse forum is now available

Sean McBride
On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:22:40 -0500, Cory Quammen via vtk-developers said:

>To set up Discourse in mailing list mode, please see:

And after doing so, where does one email to start a new thread?  I poked around the web UI but did not find my answer in the FAQ or elsewhere.

Cheers,

Sean

Re: VTK Discourse forum is now available

VTK - Dev mailing list
On 2/5/19 12:48 PM, Sean McBride wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:22:40 -0500, Cory Quammen via vtk-developers said:
>
>> To set up Discourse in mailing list mode, please see:

> And after doing so, where does one email to start a new thread?  I poked around the web UI but did not find my answer in the FAQ or elsewhere.

This is an answer from Slicer's discourse forum:

https://discourse.slicer.org/t/what-is-the-slicer-discourse-e-mail-address/1329

but I have not tried it and would guess the domain name should be
vtk.org rather than discoursemail.com (assuming everything is configured
to allow it).

        David

Re: [vtkusers] VTK Discourse forum is now available

VTK - Dev mailing list
On 2/5/19 1:32 PM, Cory Quammen via vtkusers wrote:
> There is an email address to start a new topic in each category:
> I just set this up, so let me know if you see any problems.

Thanks.  Please list those in the bottom of

as we do for ParaView.

Thanks,
-Brad

Re: VTK Discourse forum is now available

VTK - Dev mailing list
Hi Bill,

> So I have a couple of emails to vtk-developers. I guess they are not
> visible to anyone?

For now, both discourse and the mailing list are active. The mailing list will eventually become inactive (but still archived).

> I prefer email. I never use discourse.

It is possible to use discourse in mailing-list mode:

which requires some initial setup -- just like the mailing list requires you to register your e-mail to opt in.

I prefer flat text for most things, too, but not to the point where I use libaa[1] for all my rendering. :-)

        David

[1]: http://aa-project.sourceforge.net/index.html
     http://aa-project.sourceforge.net/gallery/alfons.html

Re: VTK Discourse forum is now available

Bill Lorensen
I have email setup but if I start a topic using the mailing list, it does not show up in discourse.