Re:error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

Re:error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

Madan Kumar Y
I'm facing a linker error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64' and it is pointing to the progressivehullcudalibd.lib file in my system. I did all the active solution configuration and target machine to x64 and also in linker, additional options, there's nothing reflecting. But still the error is same. Any suggestions??.
P.S : after changing to x64 in the active solution platform, configuration manager and also the target now the error is in reverse order that is  module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'.

Re: error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

kenichiro yoshimi
Hi Kumar,

You may start over the CMake configure step. At that time, you need to
specify Visual Studio 1* 201* Win64 (NOT Visual Studio 1* 201*) for
the generator that will create project files for the x64 processor.

Thanks,
yoshimi

> I'm facing a linker error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with
> target machine type 'x64' and it is pointing to the
> progressivehullcudalibd.lib file in my system. I did all the active solution
> configuration and target machine to x64 and also in linker, additional
> options, there's nothing reflecting. But still the error is same. Any
> suggestions??.
> P.S : after changing to x64 in the active solution platform, configuration
> manager and also the target now the error is in reverse order that is
> module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'.

Re: error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

Madan Kumar Y
Hi Yoshimi,
Thanks for your suggestion. Actually cmake is not used in this project. This project was done in 2012, now i'm trying to execute this and hence getting this conflict. any other suggestion welcome.

Thanks,
Madan

Re: error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

Cory Quammen-2
My guess, without seeing the full linker error message, is that your
progressivehullcudalibd.lib is built for 'X86'.

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 2:10 AM, Madan Kumar Y <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm facing a linker error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with
> target machine type 'x64' and it is pointing to the
> progressivehullcudalibd.lib file in my system. I did all the active solution
> configuration and target machine to x64 and also in linker, additional
> options, there's nothing reflecting. But still the error is same. Any
> suggestions??.
> P.S : after changing to x64 in the active solution platform, configuration
> manager and also the target now the error is in reverse order that is
> module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'.

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer

Re: error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

Madan Kumar Y
Hi Cory,
Even i think that's the issue, any suggestions.

Thanks,
Madan