Re: [vtkusers] Announce: vtk 8.0.0 is ready!

Re: [vtkusers] Announce: vtk 8.0.0 is ready!

Elvis Stansvik

Den 27 juni 2017 4:58 em skrev "Sankhesh Jhaveri" <[hidden email]>:

> The VTK maintenance team is happy to announce the eighth major release of VTK. Special thanks go out to everyone who tested and provided feedback and fixes during the release candidate cycle.

Excellent, many thanks!

It would be great if someone with the necessary bits could assign the Windows/Intel volume rendering bug I reported to a milestone:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17058

I can't seem to do it myself, but on vtk-developers I was told this would probably be worked on for the next point release.

It means volume rendering in PV is currently broken on Windows + Haswell/Ivy Bridge, so I hope it's up there on the priority list.

Elvis

> You can find the source, data and documentation tarballs on the VTK website. Please find detailed release notes here: https://blog.kitware.com/vtk-8-0-0/.
>
> As always, contact Kitware and the mailing lists for assistance.
>
> Thank,
> VTK Maintenance Team
>
> ​
> --
> Sankhesh Jhaveri
> Sr. Research & Development Engineer | Kitware | (518) 881-4417
> ​

Re: [vtkusers] Announce: vtk 8.0.0 is ready!

David E DeMarle
I've associated it with vtk 8.0.1 and pv 5.4.1 to make sure we address it asap.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Elvis Stansvik <[hidden email]> wrote:

Den 27 juni 2017 4:58 em skrev "Sankhesh Jhaveri" <[hidden email]>:

> The VTK maintenance team is happy to announce the eighth major release of VTK. Special thanks go out to everyone who tested and provided feedback and fixes during the release candidate cycle.

Excellent, many thanks!

It would be great if someone with the necessary bits could assign the Windows/Intel volume rendering bug I reported to a milestone:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17058

I can't seem to do it myself, but on vtk-developers I was told this would probably be worked on for the next point release.

It means volume rendering in PV is currently broken on Windows + Haswell/Ivy Bridge, so I hope it's up there on the priority list.

Elvis

> You can find the source, data and documentation tarballs on the VTK website. Please find detailed release notes here: https://blog.kitware.com/vtk-8-0-0/.
>
> As always, contact Kitware and the mailing lists for assistance.
>
> Thank,
> VTK Maintenance Team
>
> ​
> --
> Sankhesh Jhaveri
> Sr. Research & Development Engineer | Kitware | <a href="tel:(518)%20881-4417" value="+15188814417" target="_blank">(518) 881-4417
> ​

Re: [vtkusers] Announce: vtk 8.0.0 is ready!

Elvis Stansvik
> I've associated it with vtk 8.0.1 and pv 5.4.1 to make sure we address it
> asap.

Thanks a lot.

Elvis