Rendering Very Large Images

Michael Knopke

Hello,

Just tried to render a 16bit mammo image with Size: 4000/3300 px (about 25mb) using vtkImageViewer2. Interaction was horrible slow, probably because it’s not using hardware acceleration.
Also I guess, it probably has to increase the size of the texture to be a power of 2 (or is it using non_power_of_two extensions already?).
Anyway when resizing to about 60percent, it became notably quicker but flickering was still visible (using a Geforce 6 ). I expected it to be very smooth once hardware acceleration is on.
Has anybody experiences rendering big images (2D only) with VTK? Any hints? Thanks.

regards,
michael

Re: Rendering Very Large Images

Mathieu Malaterre
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Michael Knopke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just tried to render a 16bit mammo image with Size: 4000/3300 px (about
> 25mb) using vtkImageViewer2. Interaction was horrible slow, probably because
> it's not using hardware acceleration.
> Also I guess, it probably has to increase the size of the texture to be a
> power of 2 (or is it using non_power_of_two extensions already?).
> Anyway when resizing to about 60percent, it became notably quicker but
> flickering was still visible (using a Geforce 6 ). I expected it to be very
> smooth once hardware acceleration is on.
> Has anybody experiences rendering big images (2D only) with VTK? Any hints?
> Thanks.

Did you read this post:

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtk-developers/2008-October/005616.html

I had to update VTK 5.2 from the cvs branch.

2cts
--
Mathieu

Re: Rendering Very Large Images

Michael Knopke

Salut Mathieu,

Thanks a lot, now it works quite fast! Next time I’ll always check with latest updates first...

Regards,

Michael

Ang

Re: Rendering Very Large Images

Ang

The solution link is invalid.

Could someone please give me some advice?

Thanks for help.