Rendering, cannot get rid of hidden edges

Rendering, cannot get rid of hidden edges

Piotrek Konarski
Hello

I try to write a python script to plot unstructured grid data. Everything goes fine except for rendering. VTK renders mesh edges that should be normally invisible. Those edges disappear when I click on the interactor window which rotates the plotted object. No matter if I use an interactor, render a widow or save a screenshot to a file without rendering a window the result is always the same, the edges are visible. I attach files to illustrate the problem.

I use VTK 8.1.1 on Fedora linux.

Any ideas?
Regards,
Piotr

after.png (58K) Download Attachment
before.png (69K) Download Attachment

Re: Rendering, cannot get rid of hidden edges

David Gobbi
Hi Piotr,

If the lines disappear when you interact with the window, then the problem might be related to the depth buffer precision.  It's possible that the initial clipping range is too large, and interaction causes it to be reset to something more reasonable.  You can try calling ResetCamera() or ResetCameraClippingRange() on the renderer to see what happens.

  David