Running tests locally

Simon Drouin
Hi all,

I'm new to testing VTK. I'm having trouble running tests locally (static build of master on macOS 10.14). A bunch of tests fail because opengl implementation of classes are not available, e.g.:

image.png

Others crash on failing to create instances of vtkGPUInfoList for example. I guess I'm doing something that causes some modules not to be initialized properly when testing, but what?

Could this be related to the new module system?

Thanks in advance.

s.

Re: Running tests locally

David Gobbi
Hi Simon,

I just ran ctest on a static build of master on my laptop (macOS 10.14 with Xcode 10.1) and didn't see any failures due to missing implementation classes.  As long as VTK::RenderingOpenGL2 is in the TEST_DEPENDS section for a module, the linking and auto-initialization of the factories for the test executables should happen automatically.

One caveat: I set CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET:STRING=10.9 for my build, but I doubt that this would change anything.

   David