Script to extract the external data into actual files?

Script to extract the external data into actual files?

Prabhu Ramachandran-3

Hi all,

The VTK data files are convenient but all the newer data is only in the form of the ExternalData database.  Is there a simple script or command that will give me the actual file without me having to either run the tests or using cmake?

cheers,

Prabhu

Re: Script to extract the external data into actual files?

Mathieu Westphal
Hi;

That is a very good question and we should document this process.
Just go there and search for your file :

Alternatively, you can use the attached script this way :
./wgetVTKData.sh /path/to/VTK/sources/ file

it is just a one liner that does
wget <a href="https://www.paraview.org/files/ExternalData/SHA512/`cat">https://www.paraview.org/files/ExternalData/SHA512/`cat $1/Testing/Data/$2.sha512` -O $2

Best regards,

Mathieu Westphal

wgetVTKData.sh (130 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Script to extract the external data into actual files?

Prabhu Ramachandran-3
Hi,

That is very handy, thank you!

cheers,