Selection visible cells using vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick

Selection visible cells using vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick

Ray9
Hi! I'm new to the vtk i´m trying to use vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick and vtkAreaPicker to select cells from a polydata, i use the VTK/Examples/Cxx/Picking/HighlightSelection example but the ->GetFrustum() will give me the front and back cells and i just want the visible cells and i can't figure out how to select them, anyone already did this?

Thanks!

Re: Selection visible cells using vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick

Yusuf OEZBEK
Hi,

Yes, I have used it. Here you can see my tool: http://www.wopsys.com/?p=1265
For your requirement you can use vtkExtractVisibleCells example: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filtering/ExtractVisibleCells which is implemented with vtkHardwareSelector.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Yusuf ÖZBEK

Re: Selection visible cells using vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick

Ray9
Hi!

I already see some of that functions but my problem is to get the setArea(...) coords since i need them to be the area that i select using the .vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick?

Is suppose to be something like

vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick *rb = vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandPick::New();
hardwareselector->SetArea(rb->StartPosition[0], rb->StartPosition[1] , rb->EndPosition[0], rb->EndPosition[1]);

I run some tests and it seems that didn't select nothing so i don't know if i´m doing it right!

I also try to implement the vtkAreaPicker function but again i don't know how to get the coords from here to insert in the vtkhardwareselector->SetArea(...)

If you can help in those 2 situations i appreciate because after read many functions to use in vtk i´m stuck at this point.

Thanks!