Structure of a vtkimagedata

shadzzz90
Hi everyone,

I would like to know a book/article which explains vtkimagedata in depth.
I am a newbie to vtk. I have gone through vtk documentation and book but I still have few questions.

for example, what is the difference between point co-ordinates (e.g. double x, double y, double z)
and structured coordinates (int i,int j,  int k, in GetScalarPointer(int i, int j, int k))

Best,
Shadab