Tangent through a given point on a surface

Tangent through a given point on a surface

Maximilian Weiherer

Hi all,

how can I calculate a tangent (in 3d usually a plane) through a given point on a surface using VTK? I already tried the following:

-          Use an implicit dataset to transform polydata to an implicit surface representation and then

-          calculate the gradient at the given point using the method FunctionGradient(…).

However, the gradient I received seems to be wrong (which is (0, 0, 1)).

Any help would be appreciated.