Quantcast

Texture and Clamp

Matteo
Hi
I have some problems with textures.
Looking to this address ( https://open.gl/textures ), especially looking at the first 4 images,  I found that it is possible to 'cut' the texture exactly at the end of the (S/T) range (0-1). I am referring to the graphic result obtained with "GL_CLAMP_TO_BORDER", that it is probably exactly what I need.

The problem is that I always get a result like "GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE"

Of course I use RepeatOff(), but then trying EdgeClampOff()/EdgeClampOn() I can not see any change.
Is it a problem related to my graphic card (GEFORCE 310M) or it is normal to have this behaviour?

Thanks
Matteo

Delaunay 2D

Matteo
Hi
I have some points to be triangulated, but it seems I can not use vtkDelaunay2D filter because these points can not processed on the XY plane.
I also tried to use a vtkTransform to select a different projection plane, but this solves only partially the problem, and again the "error" persists.
This because these points are really in a complex position, so there is not a common normal to the interpolated face... you can think to the "mobius strip", just to figure out the problem.
Is there a filter (analog to vtkDelaunay2D), that can solve this?
Thanks
Matteo

Re: Delaunay 2D

Cory Quammen-2
Matteo,

Sounds like a tough problem. To my knowledge, there is nothing in VTK that does this.

Maybe you could figure out how to "unwrap" the points so that you can triangulate them by projecting them to a common plane, then wrap the resulting triangulation?

HTH,
Cory

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 4:33 AM, Matteo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi
I have some points to be triangulated, but it seems I can not use vtkDelaunay2D filter because these points can not processed on the XY plane.
I also tried to use a vtkTransform to select a different projection plane, but this solves only partially the problem, and again the "error" persists.
This because these points are really in a complex position, so there is not a common normal to the interpolated face... you can think to the "mobius strip", just to figure out the problem.
Is there a filter (analog to vtkDelaunay2D), that can solve this?
Thanks
Matteo

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer

Point Visibility in Camera View

VTK - Users mailing list
Hi
I am looking for a way to know if a generic known point (xyz) is visible in the current view.
I checked the object's functions but it seems there is nothing like:

bool vtkCamera::IsInVisibleArea(double x, double y, double z);

Am I wrong?

I understand that probably the rightest way to solve this problem is to start from something like:
vtkCamera::GetFrustumPlanes (double aspect, double planes[24])
and then compare the given point with the found planes to get if it is inside or outside.  But, with my low knowledge of this part of geometry, it looks quite difficult to continue.

Any already available function that can help me on this problem?

Thanks