Use python wrapping of VTK out of vtkpython.exe

Use python wrapping of VTK out of vtkpython.exe

Timothee Evain
Hi everyone,

I've compiled VTK into static libs with python wrapping. When I run the vtkpython.exe, I'm able to use vtk, which works as expected.
But now I would like to call the vtk binding from another interpreter, like ipython. I set the vtk path into python path, but when I try to import it, the import fails because no vtk*Python modules are found. In the vtkpython exe, these modules are found because they are set as built-in modules.
Does that mean that the python binding of vtk are only callable from this exe ? Is there a solution to use theses bindings for another interpreter ?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Re: Use python wrapping of VTK out of vtkpython.exe

Ben Boeckel
On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 16:13:22 +0200, Timothee Evain wrote:
> I've compiled VTK into static libs with python wrapping.
> Is there a solution to use theses bindings for another interpreter ?

Not from a static build, no.

--Ben

Re: Use python wrapping of VTK out of vtkpython.exe

Timothee Evain
Hello Ben,

Thanks for the answer!

Tim