VTK 5.0 Official Release and Borland C++ Builder 6/2006

VTK 5.0 Official Release and Borland C++ Builder 6/2006

Jiksed
Dear vtkusers,

I found VTK 5.0 official release on the VTK website http://www.vtk.org/get-software.php, but I could not find the Changes between VTK 4.4 and VTK 5.0 and how to migrate from 4.4 to 5.0. I could not find any vtk document for download though there is an online version here http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.0/html/.

I am using Borland C++ Builder 6 with a static build. Can I have a static build of vtk5.0 with BCB6 and/or BCB 2006? Will I have to change my own BCB code in order to use vtk5.0?

Thank you.

Jiksed

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: VTK 5.0 Official Release and Borland C++ Builder 6/2006

luca.picello@libero.it

I compiled official VTK 5.0 with borland c++ builder 2006 and it is missing the

#if defined(__BORLANDC__)
#include <mem.h> // for memcpy
#endif

only in file:
Utilities/DICOMParser/DICOMAppHelper.cxx

but I am not sure it is missing only here. I compiled without tests and examples.
add it and have fun.
this issue has already been reported and fixed in cvs version (but cvs is not compiling in other modules for other reasons)

Luca

Jiksed wrote:
Dear vtkusers,

I found VTK 5.0 official release on the VTK website http://www.vtk.org/get-software.php, but I could not find the Changes between VTK 4.4 and VTK 5.0 and how to migrate from 4.4 to 5.0. I could not find any vtk document for download though there is an online version here http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.0/html/.

I am using Borland C++ Builder 6 with a static build. Can I have a static build of vtk5.0 with BCB6 and/or BCB 2006? Will I have to change my own BCB code in order to use vtk5.0?

Thank you.

Jiksed

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: VTK 5.0 Official Release and Borland C++ Builder 6/2006

Dean Inglis
Hi Jiksed,

I maintain 2 experimental dashboards: Proximal which uses
Borland C++ Builder 5, and Superior which
uses the new Borland Developer Studio (BDS) 2006 with
C++ Builder.  Both build a cvs nightly.
Currently there is a problem with shared builds using BDS 2006
but static builds work fine.   I have another machine
using C++ Builder 6 and static builds work fine on it as well.

As for migrating your own vtk classes to vtk 5.0, there were
major changes to the vtk pipeline architecture during 2005. So,
you will likely have to change your code over to incorporate the
new design API.  See the files in VTK/Utilities/Upgrading.

Dean

RE: VTK 5.0 Official Release and Visual C++.Net Express

srfpala
Has / will anyone compile/build with VTK 5.0 with Visual C++.Net Express ?
I suspect that most who would use vtk on the .Net platform would also be running XP Pro or XP Home  SP2.
Would it make sense to archive the .libs and .dlls for this platform and share rather than individually compiling and building ?
BR
  Bob