VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

12

VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

abhishek
Hello users, I have been working with VTK for last few months. Now, I am looking for C# Wrappers for VTK 6.1 so that I can plugin power of VTK with .NET Winforms & WPF UI . Activiz.NET site states, that wrappers are available under commercial support.

Does, anyone has idea when will it be available for download under open source?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

Julien Jomier
Hi Abhishek,

It's been in our todo list for quite some time and we hope to get this
done hopefully this month.

Julien

On 08/01/2015 18:36, abhishek wrote:

> Hello users, I have been working with VTK for last few months. Now, I am
> looking for C# Wrappers for VTK 6.1 so that I can plugin power of VTK with
> .NET Winforms & WPF UI . Activiz.NET site states, that wrappers are
> available under commercial support.
>
> Does, anyone has idea when will it be available for download under open
> source?
>
> Thanks,
> Abhishek

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

VTK - Users mailing list
Is anybody actively working on getting it done this month, or is this
just a hopeful hope?

;-)

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Julien Jomier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Abhishek,
>
> It's been in our todo list for quite some time and we hope to get this done
> hopefully this month.
>
> Julien
>

> On 08/01/2015 18:36, abhishek wrote:
>>
>> Hello users, I have been working with VTK for last few months. Now, I am
>> looking for C# Wrappers for VTK 6.1 so that I can plugin power of VTK with
>> .NET Winforms & WPF UI . Activiz.NET site states, that wrappers are
>> available under commercial support.
>>
>> Does, anyone has idea when will it be available for download under open
>> source?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Abhishek
>>

>> --

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

abhishek
Thanks Julien.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Julien Jomier [via VTK] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Abhishek,

It's been in our todo list for quite some time and we hope to get this
done hopefully this month.

Julien

On 08/01/2015 18:36, abhishek wrote:

> Hello users, I have been working with VTK for last few months. Now, I am
> looking for C# Wrappers for VTK 6.1 so that I can plugin power of VTK with
> .NET Winforms & WPF UI . Activiz.NET site states, that wrappers are
> available under commercial support.
>
> Does, anyone has idea when will it be available for download under open
> source?
>
> Thanks,
> Abhishek

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-6-1-C-wrappers-for-WPF-Application-tp5730023p5730024.html
To unsubscribe from VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application., click here.
NAML

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

VTK - Users mailing list
I should mention, (in addition to being mildly flippant in my previous
reply), that I am willing to chip in a few hours a week and help to
bring this to availability.

If the repository with the currently active work were public and
people could contribute to it, I would be willing to contribute. At
the very least, I could probably run a dashboard of some sort for it.
And perhaps even help to fix failing tests or build warnings/errors...

It is still open source, right? So why isn't any recent work publicly visible?

Thanks,
David C.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 1:21 PM, David Cole <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is anybody actively working on getting it done this month, or is this
> just a hopeful hope?
>
> ;-)
>

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Julien Jomier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Abhishek,
>>
>> It's been in our todo list for quite some time and we hope to get this done
>> hopefully this month.
>>
>> Julien
>>

>> On 08/01/2015 18:36, abhishek wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello users, I have been working with VTK for last few months. Now, I am
>>> looking for C# Wrappers for VTK 6.1 so that I can plugin power of VTK with
>>> .NET Winforms & WPF UI . Activiz.NET site states, that wrappers are
>>> available under commercial support.
>>>
>>> Does, anyone has idea when will it be available for download under open
>>> source?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Abhishek
>>>

>>> --

>>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

serseri
Hi,

I share the same thoughts with David. I can allow some time as a contributer. What is your plan?

Thanks.

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

abhishek
Hi, With my little experience with VTK. I can work with you guys to get this going.

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

abhishek
Hello, I posted this query because of following problem that I have been assigned to work upon.

"I am looking for an approach to put output of volume rendering onto winforms or WPF application". In past, when I had implemented MPR using vtkImageReslice. I was able to get handle of resultant vtkImageData & display it on winforms panel.

Since, my current development stack is: VTK 6.1 with Visual studio 2013. Is, there any possible solution
to my problem? I can work on till Activiz.Net for VTK 6.1 is available.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

Julien Jomier
We've done some progress over the past few months. I'll try to get this
pushed soon.

Julien

On 08/01/2015 19:21, David Cole wrote:

> Is anybody actively working on getting it done this month, or is this
> just a hopeful hope?
>
> ;-)
>

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Julien Jomier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Abhishek,
>>
>> It's been in our todo list for quite some time and we hope to get this done
>> hopefully this month.
>>
>> Julien
>>

>> On 08/01/2015 18:36, abhishek wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello users, I have been working with VTK for last few months. Now, I am
>>> looking for C# Wrappers for VTK 6.1 so that I can plugin power of VTK with
>>> .NET Winforms & WPF UI . Activiz.NET site states, that wrappers are
>>> available under commercial support.
>>>
>>> Does, anyone has idea when will it be available for download under open
>>> source?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Abhishek
>>>

>>> --

>>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

Carlos
Hello,

In the recent post announcing the VTK 6.2 Release Candidate there is a
comment saying that Activz.Net has already been updated from VTK 5.8 to 6.1
and it will be updated again to 6.2

I would appreciate some comments about the status of Activiz as I feel it is
unclear. Some questions I have:

Is Activiz 6.1 / 6.2 going to be Opensource?. Is there any schedule for it?.
Will Activiz 6.2 support OpenGL2?
Could be compiled using Visual studio 2012 or it will be limited to 2008?

Regards,

Carlos

We've done some progress over the past few months. I'll try to get this
pushed soon.

Julien

On 08/01/2015 19:21, David Cole wrote:

> Is anybody actively working on getting it done this month, or is this
> just a hopeful hope?
>
> ;-)
>

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Julien Jomier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Abhishek,
>>
>> It's been in our todo list for quite some time and we hope to get
>> this done hopefully this month.
>>
>> Julien
>>

>> On 08/01/2015 18:36, abhishek wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello users, I have been working with VTK for last few months. Now,
>>> I am looking for C# Wrappers for VTK 6.1 so that I can plugin power
>>> of VTK with .NET Winforms & WPF UI . Activiz.NET site states, that
>>> wrappers are available under commercial support.
>>>
>>> Does, anyone has idea when will it be available for download under
>>> open source?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Abhishek
>>>

>>> --
>>> Nabble.com.
>>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

Julien Jomier
Hi Carlos,

ActiViz is open-source, you can download the code and compile it right
now. Today, MSVC 2008 is required to compile it. If you prefer the
supported binary releases, Kitware does provide a professional version
of ActiViz.

Regarding OpenGL2, there is no reason, AFAIK, why this won't be supported.

Julien

On 18/02/2015 00:31, Carlos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the recent post announcing the VTK 6.2 Release Candidate there is a
> comment saying that Activz.Net has already been updated from VTK 5.8 to 6.1
> and it will be updated again to 6.2
>
> I would appreciate some comments about the status of Activiz as I feel it is
> unclear. Some questions I have:
>
> Is Activiz 6.1 / 6.2 going to be Opensource?. Is there any schedule for it?.
> Will Activiz 6.2 support OpenGL2?
> Could be compiled using Visual studio 2012 or it will be limited to 2008?
>

> Regards,
>
> Carlos

Hi Julien,

Sorry if I'm wrong, but my understanding from your answer to David Cole
below is that the last open-source version available for Activiz is VTK 5.8,
not the 6.1.
Is there any link to the repository with the last version?. I can't find it
in the Activiz website. By the way, the US / Worldwide versions of the
Kitware website do not provide a link for "Innovative Technlogies" so it is
quite difficult to access to the Activiz Website. I have found it though the
European version of the website.

The question about OpenGL is related to the availability of the code as if
only professional version of Activiz can be obtained with 6.2 and this is an
option not fully supported I would like to know if it will be a package with
this option.

Sam

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

Sam
Hi Julien,

Did Activiz 6.1 source code complete?  I'm downloading the latest source through GIT as we speak to verify if 6.1 is there.

git clone git://public.kitware.com/activizdotnet.git

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

Julien Jomier
Hi Sam,

Yes it is.

Julien

On 24/02/2015 00:28, Sam wrote:

> Hi Julien,
>
> Did Activiz 6.1 source code complete?  I'm downloading the latest source
> through GIT as we speak to verify if 6.1 is there.
>
> git clone git://public.kitware.com/activizdotnet.git

RE: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

abhishek

Hi Julien, can I compile for VS2013?

Regards,
Abhishek Gupta

> Did Activiz 6.1 source code complete?  I'm downloading the latest source
> through GIT as we speak to verify if 6.1 is there.
>
> git clone git://public.kitware.com/activizdotnet.git

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-6-1-C-wrappers-for-WPF-Application-tp5730023p5730500.html

To unsubscribe from VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application., click here.
NAML

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

Julien Jomier
You need Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 to compile ActiViz.

Julien

Sam

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

Sam
Great! And are these still the valid instructions for building it?

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/CSharp/ActiViz/Build

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

Julien Jomier
Yes they are.

Julien

On 25/02/2015 00:58, Sam wrote:

> Great! And are these still the valid instructions for building it?
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/CSharp/ActiViz/Build

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

VTK - Users mailing list
The 5 most recent commits listed here all seem to refer to VTK 6.1 in
the commit comments:

http://public.kitware.com/gitweb?p=activizdotnet.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master

Does it also work with VTK 6.2 now that it's released? Or are further
changes to ActiViz required to build a VTK 6.2 version of it...?

Thanks,
David C.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 2:08 AM, Julien Jomier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes they are.
>
> Julien
>

> On 25/02/2015 00:58, Sam wrote:
>>
>> Great! And are these still the valid instructions for building it?
>>
>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/CSharp/ActiViz/Build
>>

>> --

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: VTK 6.1 & C# wrappers for WPF Application.

Julien Jomier
I need to push some changes to make it work for 6.2.

Julien