VTK AxesGrid

Nick French
I'm currently attempting to recreate a script that I wrote in Paraview's python editor in VTK C# (ActiViz).  I pretty much have everything that I want except for what Paraview calls "AxesGrid".  With this feature, I can create a custom axis grid where I pick which tick marks to show and what value they have.  In ActiViz, I have found "CubeAxesActor" which has a function called "SetAxisLabels" that allows me to add custom labels to the tick marks, but I have no way of selecting the location of the tick marks.  I've attached an image showing what I was able to render in Paraview (on the left) vs. what I currently doing in ActiViz.  Would really appreciate any insight into how to add the axis that I had in Paraview.

Thanks

VTK_Axes.png (523K) Download Attachment

Re: VTK AxesGrid

Slaughter, Andrew E
I am not sure if this is the best solution, but it is possible using a vtkAxis object. Attached is a python script that creates a vtkAxis object with some custom tick marks, it should help you get started. But, it will take some work to get it lined up with your result. It is probably also possible to do this with a vtkAxisActor object, but I have not tried that before.