* I have a temporal streaming source and consumer.
* The source sets the number of timesteps in RequestInformation
* The consumer asks for a timestep in RequestUpdateExtent
* The source produces the requested timestep in RequestData
* The consumer processes the timestep
* The consumer requests another timestep if we did not reach the number of timesteps yet
My problem is that I can not determine the number of timesteps during the RequestInformation calls as this is a dynamic variable that is computed during the RequestData execution of the source. Is there a way I can force an update of "vtk.vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.TIME_STEPS()" so the consumer knows when to stop requesting data? I know there exist workarounds with field data / multiple outputs and so on, but I wanted to know if there is a cleaner pipeline-based mechanism.
Powered by www.kitware.com