Quantcast

VTK + Microsoft HoloLens

aborsic
Dear All,

Does anybody have information about ways of displaying VTK generated
graphics on the HoloLens?

Best Regards, thanks,

Andrea

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Andrea Borsic Ph.D.
Founder NE Scientific LLC
Tel: +1 603 676 7450
Web:www.ne-scientific.com
Twitter:https://twitter.com/ne_scientific

Re: VTK + Microsoft HoloLens

V_Yan_ESIR
Hi Andrea,

Normally, to display hologram in hololens, you need to create your hologram throught Unity, but your mesh need to be a .OBJ or .FBX file. On GitHub, there is a .VTK to .OBJ converter (https://github.com/daviddoria/vtkOBJWriter). After, you can take your .OBJ and import it inside your Unity project. I've not tried, but I hope that you don't want to do a real-time project, because it will be impossible!

I've the same problem. I want to display VTK mesh in Hololens, and I've no solution. Did you manage to do that since last year ?

Best Regards,

Vincent

Re: VTK + Microsoft HoloLens

V_Yan_ESIR
Two others things, on the internet, I found those 2 things, maybe it could help you!

1) https://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/2017_Winter_Project_Week/Slicer_HoloLens

2) https://github.com/ufz-vislab/VtkUnity