VTK Surface & Volume Intersection Question

VTK Surface & Volume Intersection Question

Teek
Hi VTK Users,

So currently I have a vtkVolume created from DICOM slices.
On the other hand, I also have a vtkSphereSoure->vtkActor which is tracking the motion of my mouse.

I was wondering if there was a way to detect when the vtkActor and vtkVolume intersect. I don't need to exactly know how they intersect or the points that intersect themselves - just when they intersect, like a boolean of sorts.

Originally I was thinking that maybe I could just get the center position of the sphere in my application loop and check if that point lies within the rendering of the volume but I'm not sure if that's the best method, nor if there are any VTK classes for that. I was wondering if there are any VTK classes that can already do this or would i have to manually do it.

I was looking through a couple examples and they seem to all deal with vtkPolyData and not a volume itself.

I would appreciate any help.

Regards,
Teek