VTK compatible LCD shutter glasses?

The Merper
Hi VTKers,
   I want to buy a pair of liquid crystal display (LCD) shutter glasses to use with VTK, but there don't seem to be many options available and it is not clear to me what glasses are compatible with VTK. Can anyone recommend a pair to get?
Alternatively, does anyone know if NVIDIA's 3D vision glasses (version 1 or 2) will work with VTK?

thank you for your help,
    -Merps

Re: VTK compatible LCD shutter glasses?

Andras Lasso

> I want to buy a pair of liquid crystal display (LCD) shutter glasses to use with VTK

Shutter glasses were not even popular 10-20 years ago. Now that immersive, high-resolution virtual reality has become so inexpensive and widely available, shutter glasses have become largely irrelevant. The few remaining meaningful use cases will most likely evaporate quite quickly as virtual/augmented reality technology improves.

Therefore, I would not recommend buying shutter glasses and compatible monitor and video card. Instead, get a Windows Mixed Reality headset + controllers for $300 (or a more expensive HTC Vive or Oculus Rift) and try VTK in virtual reality using 3D Slicer (https://github.com/KitwareMedical/SlicerVirtualReality) or ParaView (https://blog.kitware.com/taking-paraview-into-virtual-reality/).

Andras