VTK compiled libraries?

A Z

VTK compiled libraries?

A Z
To who in VTK it concerns,

My professional situationis such that my PC can't be allowed to install
compiling tools like cygwin.

Because of this, I am not in a position to compile and build the vtk library
for Windows from source.

Because of this situation, is it possible for VTK to compile and build
the VTK in a 64 bit .dll file form, and to avail that for public download?

Could someone specifically reply to my question on this issue
when it applies in the email list, kindly?

Re: VTK compiled libraries?

David E DeMarle via vtkusers
If you cannot install compiler tools, how do you intend to use VTK?
The easiest way to build VTK on windows is using Visual Studio. Then there's no need for cygwin.

Todd Martin, PhD.
Freelance Engineer/Software Architect.

On Thursday, 13 December 2018, 2:07:56 PM NZDT, A Z <[hidden email]> wrote:

To who in VTK it concerns,

My professional situationis such that my PC can't be allowed to install
compiling tools like cygwin.

Because of this, I am not in a position to compile and build the vtk library
for Windows from source.

Because of this situation, is it possible for VTK to compile and build
the VTK in a 64 bit .dll file form, and to avail that for public download?

Could someone specifically reply to my question on this issue
when it applies in the email list, kindly?

Fcs

Re: VTK compiled libraries?

Fcs
This sounds pointless..  How are you going to access the VTK libraries if you
cannot compile a program and link to the libraries? And if your system
doesn't allow you to install cygwin, why would it allow you to install
external dlls?

Anyway, more constructively, if you do have some basic installation rights,
you could try a stand-alone python install, and grab the vtk libraries
compatible with that version.  I don't know if conda/miniconda qualifies,
but you could give it a try. Perhaps portablepython would work too.

Re: VTK compiled libraries?

Ruben Di Battista
Just to keep the discussion in the mailing list... :)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018, 14:37 Paulo Carvalho <[hidden email] wrote:
I installed MSYS2 without admin privileges.  From its bash console, you can do a pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-vtk to install VTK precompiled libraries.  Then you can look into where MSYS2 keeps the libraries (look for the files in MSYS2's installation directories).  That package is for linking with MinGW64 (.a files).

Em qui, 13 de dez de 2018 às 07:31, Ruben Di Battista <[hidden email]> escreveu:
I could be wrong, but I think cygwin doesn't require admin rights to be installed.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018, 02:07 A Z <[hidden email] wrote:
To who in VTK it concerns,

My professional situationis such that my PC can't be allowed to install
compiling tools like cygwin.

Because of this, I am not in a position to compile and build the vtk library
for Windows from source.

Because of this situation, is it possible for VTK to compile and build
the VTK in a 64 bit .dll file form, and to avail that for public download?

Could someone specifically reply to my question on this issue
when it applies in the email list, kindly?

Re: VTK compiled libraries?

Divya Rathore-2
How about using Paraview?
Can't recall if it has a installer that requires admin privilege.

Best regards,
Divya