VTK on mac os x : missing files

Jaonary Rabarisoa
Hi all,
I'm experimeting my first vtk code and I'm far away to manage to
compile the soft. I use it on a mac os tiger platform. VTK was
installed with darwinports ( port install VTK). It seems to be
correctly built and installed. But, when I try to compile my code,
there are a lot of file that are missing. Ex :

        vtkLandmarkTransform.h
        vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.h

So, is it a problem to darwinports or these are remplaced by
something else ? The version of VTK installed on my computer is 4.2.6

Thank you,

Jaonary

Re: VTK on mac os x : missing files

Chris Scharver
On 2/9/06, Jaonary Rabarisoa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm experimeting my first vtk code and I'm far away to manage to
> compile the soft. I use it on a mac os tiger platform. VTK was
> installed with darwinports ( port install VTK). It seems to be
> correctly built and installed. But, when I try to compile my code,
> there are a lot of file that are missing. Ex :
>
>         vtkLandmarkTransform.h
>         vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.h
>
> So, is it a problem to darwinports or these are remplaced by
> something else ? The version of VTK installed on my computer is 4.2.6

The VTK port does not currently include the hybrid classes (including
vtkLandmarkTransform), but it would be easy for me to toggle them on.
Also, the current port only builds for Cocoa windowing. I have a
change that should allow choosing any of the available window systems
(X11, Cocoa, or Carbon). You should also be able to use the base
vtkRenderWindow class without specifying the use of X11. That way,
you'll use the window system chosen for VTK automatically. Can you
please file a bug at <http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/> with all the
compiler errors you're getting?

Thanks,
Chris