VTK to GLTF Exporter

Sal Choueib

Dear developers and others,

                I am looking to develop a VTK exporter to the GLTF data format. I was wondering if someone has already begun developing this so that perhaps we could communicate.

Thank you,
Sal Choueib

Re: VTK to GLTF Exporter

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Sal -

I did a gltf 1.0 exporter from slicer a while back [1].  I've been wanting to factor it out into an independent library and upgrade it to gltf 2.0.  Most of the code is generic VTK, but with some extra context extracted from Slicer data structures.  Here's a web page [2] that shows an exported scene displayed with a-frame (also works with WebVR if you have it).

I would be glad to see this move forward - I was just a Qt event yesterday and the new KDAB Kuesa [3] tools use gltf 2.0 with QML in ways that could be fun.

Best,
Steve