VTK with Oculus Rift - Problem with DLL

medsim

Hello,

I am having problem running the VTKRenderingOculusCxxTests program. I get the following error -- see the attached picture.

I am using Visual Studio 2013 and the latest Oculus SDK 1.130.

To be sure, I did the following

1.      Recompiled the Oculus SDK libraries on VS 2013.

2.      Cleaned and rebuilt the VTK libraries

Standalone program with Oculus SDK works fine on the commercial version of Oculus Rift. I am having this problem only with VTK.  I might be doing something wrong when building the library.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ganesh Sankaranarayanan Ph.D.

Assistant Director, Center for Evidence Based Simulation

Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas

Clinical Associate Professor

Department of Surgery

Texas A&M Health Science Center

Office: 214-820-6755

The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and protected from disclosure, and no waiver of any attorney-client, work product, or other privilege is intended. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. The sender and Baylor Scott & White Health, and its affiliated entities, hereby expressly reserve all privileges and confidentiality that might otherwise be waived as a result of an erroneous or misdirected e-mail transmission. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Baylor Scott & White Health, or any affiliated entity, by e-mail without express written confirmation by the CEO, the Senior Vice President of Supply Chain Services or other duly authorized representative of Baylor Scott & White Health.

Capture.PNG (21K) Download Attachment

Re: VTK with Oculus Rift - Problem with DLL

Aron Helser
Have you tried using 'depends' (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) on that DLL? It may be able to give you an idea of what is wrong, or if there is some dependent lib/dll which is causing the problem instead.
HTH,
Aron

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Sankaranarayanan, Ganesh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I am having problem running the VTKRenderingOculusCxxTests program. I get the following error -- see the attached picture.

I am using Visual Studio 2013 and the latest Oculus SDK 1.130.

To be sure, I did the following

1.      Recompiled the Oculus SDK libraries on VS 2013.

2.      Cleaned and rebuilt the VTK libraries

Standalone program with Oculus SDK works fine on the commercial version of Oculus Rift. I am having this problem only with VTK.  I might be doing something wrong when building the library.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ganesh Sankaranarayanan Ph.D.

Assistant Director, Center for Evidence Based Simulation

Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas

Clinical Associate Professor

Department of Surgery

Texas A&M Health Science Center

Office: <a href="tel:(214)%20820-6755" value="+12148206755" target="_blank">214-820-6755

[...]

Re: {EXTERNAL} Re: VTK with Oculus Rift - Problem with DLL

medsim

Thank you Aron for the help! I fixed the problem. I had the output as DLL but building as static library. Is there any other standalone example program available for testing with Oculus Rift?

Thanks,

Ganesh

[...]

Office: <a href="tel:(214)%20820-6755" target="_blank">214-820-6755