VTK with Qt5 - Timer stops running as soon as I interact with the window

VTK with Qt5 - Timer stops running as soon as I interact with the window

Gaiajack
I want to display an animation while allowing the user to rotate and pan the view. For this reason I've been using TimerEvent, and it was working fine until I started using the Qt bindings. What's happening is that as soon as I interact with the window in any way, such as clicking in side it, the timer stops firing. I created a minimal example to show what I mean. This is with VTK 8 and Qt 5.

Jay

Re: VTK with Qt5 - Timer stops running as soon as I interact with the window

Jay
I had faced the similar issue using the TimerEvent with VTK 8.1.1 and QT
5.10. But with the previous version VTK 7.1.1 and VTK 5.10 i was able to get
the TimerEvent to be triggered. As the time event was not firing I tried to
replace it with the QTimer.