VTKImagePlaneWidget only showing black box

VTKImagePlaneWidget only showing black box

Rothstein109
I am using activis and trying to show a 3d slice of my volume in the volume itself. I have tried using a vtkImagePlaneWidget and setting the input to my image data, when i set the interactor, render, and set the 3d prop to my volume the slice is not displayed all that is displayed is a 2d black box.

I have tried setting the opacity but i can not get the slice to display.