VTKImageReslice: slow performance.

abhishek
Hello Group, I am having performance issues while extracting SAGGITAL/CORONAL
planes using VTKImageReslice. Each call to VTKImageReslice->GetOutput()
takes 5-7 ms.

The volume used has the following properties:
1. Dimensions: 512x512x297
2. Pixel spacing: 0.4x0.4x0.7
3. Scalar type: Unsigned Int16
4. Number of components: 1 (Monochrome).

System & Build environment:
1. Windows 7, 12GB RAM, i3 processor.
2. Visual studio 2013
2. VTK 7.1.1
3. WPF for UI

Are there any known considerations for making VTKImageReslice fast?

Re: VTKImageReslice: slow performance.

David Gobbi
Hi Abhishek,

It's the Update() method is what actually executes the filter. GetOutput() is just a getter method that returns a pointer.

Can you provide a short code snippet so that we can see exactly how you are using vtkImageReslice?

  David

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 3:55 AM abhishek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Group, I am having performance issues while extracting SAGGITAL/CORONAL
planes using VTKImageReslice. Each call to VTKImageReslice->GetOutput()
takes 5-7 ms.

The volume used has the following properties:
1. Dimensions: 512x512x297
2. Pixel spacing: 0.4x0.4x0.7
3. Scalar type: Unsigned Int16
4. Number of components: 1 (Monochrome).

System & Build environment:
1. Windows 7, 12GB RAM, i3 processor.
2. Visual studio 2013
2. VTK 7.1.1
3. WPF for UI

Are there any known considerations for making VTKImageReslice fast?

Re: VTKImageReslice: slow performance.

Andras Lasso

Andras