Valgrind suppressions used by dashboard machines available somewhere?

Valgrind suppressions used by dashboard machines available somewhere?

Elvis Stansvik
Hi all,

Are the valgrind suppression files used by the VTK dashboard workers available for download somewhere? (I guess they're put there manually?)

Elvis

Re: Valgrind suppressions used by dashboard machines available somewhere?

Sean McBride
On Thu, 31 May 2018 11:48:14 +0200, Elvis Stansvik said:

>Are the valgrind suppression files used by the VTK dashboard workers
>available for download somewhere? (I guess they're put there manually?)

They are in the VTK source tree. The file is named VTKValgrindSuppressions.supp.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

Den tors 31 maj 2018 16:43Sean McBride <[hidden email]> skrev:
On Thu, 31 May 2018 11:48:14 +0200, Elvis Stansvik said:

>Are the valgrind suppression files used by the VTK dashboard workers
>available for download somewhere? (I guess they're put there manually?)

They are in the VTK source tree. The file is named VTKValgrindSuppressions.supp.

Thanks Sean, I found that file, but then I found some indication in another email thread that that file might not be the one that is actually used, and that the suppression file/files were manually maintained on the worker machines.

Are you sure this is the file used?

I'll try to dig out that thread (on the bus now).

Elvis

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: Valgrind suppressions used by dashboard machines available somewhere?

David E DeMarle
The suppression file that we used most recently on the karego-at submitter is attached.

See also https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/Utilities/Maintenance/parse_valgrind.py which I wrote to speed up the process of building it.

karego-at_vtk_valgrind_supression.txt (18K) Download Attachment

On Thu, 31 May 2018 14:05:47 -0400, David E DeMarle said:

>The suppression file that we used most recently on the karego-at submitter
>is attached.

So what's VTKValgrindSuppressions.supp for?  Should it be replaced?  Deleted?

Sean

Re: Valgrind suppressions used by dashboard machines available somewhere?

David E DeMarle
I've never used it so I'd prefer to delete it.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 10:04 AM, Sean McBride <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2018 14:05:47 -0400, David E DeMarle said:

>The suppression file that we used most recently on the karego-at submitter
>is attached.

So what's VTKValgrindSuppressions.supp for?  Should it be replaced?  Deleted?

Sean

Re: Valgrind suppressions used by dashboard machines available somewhere?

Elvis Stansvik
Den tors 31 maj 2018 20:06David E DeMarle <[hidden email]> skrev:
The suppression file that we used most recently on the karego-at submitter is attached.

See also https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/Utilities/Maintenance/parse_valgrind.py which I wrote to speed up the process of building it.

Many thanks David.

BTW I'm curious, how can I see a dashboard of all builds for the latest commit to VTK master?

At https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK , under "latest master", there are 10 builds listed, but none of them were submitted by karego-at. I'm guessing you have > 10 submitters?

What view of CDash you you normally use to get a glance of how the last commit faired?

Cheers,
Elvis

Elvis

Re: Valgrind suppressions used by dashboard machines available somewhere?

Elvis Stansvik
Den tors 31 maj 2018 20:06David E DeMarle <[hidden email]> skrev:
The suppression file that we used most recently on the karego-at submitter is attached.

See also https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/Utilities/Maintenance/parse_valgrind.py which I wrote to speed up the process of building it.

Many thanks David.

BTW I'm curious, how can I see a dashboard of all builds for the latest commit to VTK master?

At https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK , under "latest master", there are 10 builds listed, but none of them were submitted by karego-at. I'm guessing you have > 10 submitters?

What view of CDash you you normally use to get a glance of how the last commit faired?

E.g. say I'd like to see how e9241a did. Is there somewhere I can see a list of all builds of that revision? The builds in the dashboard have a Revision column with a clickable link for e9241a, but it brings you to that specific build, not an overview for that revision.

Elvis

Cheers,
Elvis

Elvis

Re: Valgrind suppressions used by dashboard machines available somewhere?

Shawn Waldon-2
Hi Elvis,

karego-at hasn't submitted in a while since it doesn't like the OpenGL2 backend.  We have shut down the dashboard on that one.  duma will be the new valgrind dashboard but it isn't set up with its suppression file yet.

E.g. say I'd like to see how e9241a did. Is there somewhere I can see a list of all builds of that revision? The builds in the dashboard have a Revision column with a clickable link for e9241a, but it brings you to that specific build, not an overview for that revision.

I'm not sure all the query parameters are needed, but that is what we have the buildbot set up to give for links to a specific commit's builds (the buildbot web interface is internal to Kitware).

HTH,
Shawn

Den mån 4 juni 2018 15:06Shawn Waldon <[hidden email]> skrev:
Hi Elvis,

karego-at hasn't submitted in a while since it doesn't like the OpenGL2 backend.  We have shut down the dashboard on that one.  duma will be the new valgrind dashboard but it isn't set up with its suppression file yet.

Alright, that explains it.

E.g. say I'd like to see how e9241a did. Is there somewhere I can see a list of all builds of that revision? The builds in the dashboard have a Revision column with a clickable link for e9241a, but it brings you to that specific build, not an overview for that revision.

I'm not sure all the query parameters are needed, but that is what we have the buildbot set up to give for links to a specific commit's builds (the buildbot web interface is internal to Kitware).

Thanks for this snippet. Will come in handy for our own internal CDash too.

Elvis

HTH,
Shawn