Vertex locations getting quantized in viewer window

Vertex locations getting quantized in viewer window

jeffsp
I have an application based upon VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/ColoredPoints.

It displays a bunch of vtkPoints and interacts with them using a vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera.

It looks pretty good. However, as you rotate the points, their locations relative to each other changes slightly. As you zoom in closer, this behavior becomes more obvious.

It's as though there exists a fixed grid of valid vertex locations, and as the points rotate, they snap to the grid locations -- giving them the illusion of jittering around their true location.

If I render the points as cubes instead, the effect becomes even more apparent. The cube locations do not jitter. Rather, the vertices that define the cubes snap to the grid, causing the cubes to become distorted.

Why is this happening? How can I fix it?

Thanks,
Jeff