Visualize .mha MRI volume

Megha Kalia
Hi all,

I have a .mha file containing MRI volume. I want to do the following:
1- Read .mha volume data.
2- Visualize it in VTK
3- Transfer the data to openGL 3D texture to use it in my own framework.

By far I have used vtkMetaImageReader. I get just one slice. I want to see entire volume.
Any pointers on this will be really helpful.

Thanks a lot   :)

Re: Visualize .mha MRI volume

Aashish Chaudhary-2
Hi Megha,

You can look at this example to help with your task (http://www.vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Examples/VolumeRendering/Cxx/GPURenderDemo.cxx). In that example you can use vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper instead of vtkSmartVolumeMapper to simplify things a bit.

As fas the reader goes, how did you confirm that you only got one slice?

Thanks,

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 6:49 AM Megha Kalia <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a .mha file containing MRI volume. I want to do the following:
1- Read .mha volume data.
2- Visualize it in VTK
3- Transfer the data to openGL 3D texture to use it in my own framework.

By far I have used vtkMetaImageReader. I get just one slice. I want to see entire volume.
Any pointers on this will be really helpful.

Thanks a lot   :)

Re: Visualize .mha MRI volume

Megha Kalia
Hi Ashish ,

Thanks for replying. I see only only one 2D-slice. I can't see rest of the slices.
I couldn't even find a way to visualize different slices (let's say according to position)

Thanks :)