Volume Rendering

Claire.Fanny
This post was updated on .
Hi I am Claire ,I am Software developer and now a days I am working on DICOM viewer well after a lot of searching i got this VTK which is awesome and with C# Integration is quite amazing.

1) My first task is to display DICOM image data on window and by searching and with the help of some VTI users i got some success now i can display DICOM image on window but there is only few DICOM studies which i can read and most of the other studies transpire some problem, i have attached the output window you all can see the problem.

2) My second task is to render 2d images into 3d.

3) And last task is to display the 3d DICOM Image, sample images available on http://pubimage.hcuge.ch:8080/ although by help of other member i got the code and it works fine only with KNEE DICOM study but if I use any other study so the same problem occur which you all can see on attachment.

Please help me out.

Regards
Claire Fanny
Software Developer

Re: Volume Rendering

Dženan Zukić
Are you using VTK's DICOM reader? It seems to be quite limited:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDICOMImageReader.html

You should use ITK's DICOM reading capabilities, and then use itk::ImageToVTKImage filter to convert it to VTK's format ready for visualization. If you want to preserve physical coordinate, you may use this example:

For standard way of reading DICOM images take a look at this example:

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 09:53, Claire.Fanny <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi I am Claire ,I am Software developer and now a days I am working on DICOM
viewer well after a lot of searching i got this VTK which is awesome and
with C# Integration is quite amazing.

1) My first task is to display DICOM image data on window and by searching
and with the help of some VTI users i got some success now i can display
DICOM image on window but there is only few DICOM studies which i can read
and most of the other studies transpire some problem, i have attached the
output window you all can see the problem.

2) My second task is to render 2d images into 3d.

3) And last task is to display the 3d DICOM Image, sample images available
on http://pubimage.hcuge.ch:8080/ although by help of other member i got the
code and it works fine only with KNEE DICOM study but if I use any other
study so the same problem occur which you all a see on attachment.

Please help me out.

Regards
Claire Fanny
Software Developer

Re: Volume Rendering

Mathieu Malaterre
Bonjour Claire,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Claire.Fanny
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> 3) And last task is to display the 3d DICOM Image, sample images available
> on http://pubimage.hcuge.ch:8080/ although by help of other member i got the
> code and it works fine only with KNEE DICOM study but if I use any other
> study so the same problem occur which you all a see on attachment.

Quoting the page:

"(All these DICOM files are encoded in JPEG2000 transfer syntax)"

There is only one open-source C++ DICOM implementation which provides
JPEG2000 support: GDCM.

See FAQ:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/FAQ#GDCM

2cts