VtkImagePlaneWidget->GetTexture()... Please HELP

VtkImagePlaneWidget->GetTexture()... Please HELP

Prasenjit Roy
Dear vtkusers,
I want to create a BMP image from Texture output of VTKImageplaneWidget.
I am using:
bmpWriter->SetInput->imageplaneWidget->GetTexture()->SetInput())

This works, but the image contains some zero values along the sides. Please refer the attachment. The Black Border is unwanted.

PLEASE advice what I am doing wrong? OR what should I do to get a clean image?

Many Thanks.

Prasenjit Roy

Prasenjit Roy

Home Address

1032 E Lindsey St, #H; Norman, OK-73071

Cell: 405-227-7463

Home: 405-366-8216

Re: VtkImagePlaneWidget->GetTexture()... Please HELP

Dean Inglis
Hi Prasenjit,

I think you mean (maybe just a typo)
bmpWriter->SetInput( imageplaneWidget->GetTexture()->GetInput() )

If you scaled the widget up using ctrl+middle mouse for example,
the widget's internal vtkImageReslice fills in the areas of the plane
that do not reside within the bounds of the original data by default
with zeros.  You could put in a feature request to the bug tracker
to change this behaviour.

Dean