What is extent, actually?

Tanya S
Hello there?

I thought extent means spacing multiply by dimension, but then I doubt it since from my vtkImageData, I get the spacing using GetSpacing() and it gives:
spacing[0] = 2
spacing[0] = 2
spacing[0] = 3.125

and GetDimensions() gives:
dimension[0] = 128
dimension[1] = 128
dimension[2] = 94

but then, GetExtent() gives:
extent[0]=0
extent[1]=127
extent[2]=0
extent[3]=127
extent[4]=0
extent[5]=93
means extent in x direction = 128, extent in y direction = 128,
and extent in x direction = 94.

And my other questions are:
What is the difference between UpdateExtent, wholeExtent, and Extent of vtkImageData?

Thx beforehand.

Best regards,
.Tanya.